Friday, October 10, 2003

#17 Don’t you believe it--two totally unrelated thoughts

Someone, actually millions, thought it was a good movie; not me. I was not fooled. Waste of money, and I saw it on the 50 cent night at the second run theater. Renee Zellweger has put on 56 lbs to reprise her Bridget Jones’ Diary role. I gave the first one an F and no stars. Worst movie I ever saw. Boring, pointless. Insipid, snooze alert. She wasn’t even fat.

It’s going to take more than this to throw my spiritual identity into crisis mode. “The discovery of just a single bacterium somewhere beyond Earth would force us to rethink how we fit into the cosmic scheme of things, throwing us into a spiritual identity crisis as dramatic as the one brought about by Copernicus.” Atlantic Monthly, Sept. 2003 p. 112.


No comments: