Thursday, October 16, 2003

#36 A Powerful Michigan Virus

I vowed when I started a blog, I wasn’t going to give a blow by blow account of my day, especially if it was really yucky. And I won’t. But let me add here, I have a bad cold.

I talked to my sister-in-law last night who had sniffing coughing house guests from Michigan when we were visiting, week-end before last, for Brother Bob’s birthday. They also have bad colds. We agreed that Michigan viruses are very powerful.

So the problem is, nothing tastes good. Actually, nothing tastes period. So I sort of have to go by texture and memory. For lunch I had a piece of pumpkin pudding cake. Moist, soft, slightly gooey, robust, spicey and cool. For supper, I’ll have pepperoni pizza. Salty, crunchy, textured, greasy and very good memories.

Not exactly the 5 a day plan, but hopefully the cold will be gone before malnutrition sets in.

No comments: