Thursday, January 18, 2007

3379 Is Ireland in our future?

I know it's in our past--I've been doing genealogy this week.

After meeting with his Cursillo group, my husband poked his head in my office and said, "How would you like to go to Ireland?" "Who's going?" I asked. "The priest at Jim's parish takes tour groups, and this would be the week of our anniversary," he said. "Well, why don't I look it up at the Alumni Association site and see if they are offering anything," I suggested. "I really like their format."

When the mail came today, guess what dropped through the slot? A brochure. University of Illinois Alumni Association sponsored tour to Ireland, 12 days covering both my birthday and our anniversary. And I hadn't even looked it up.

Seems like a sign, don't you think?

2 comments:

Dancing Boys Mom said...

Oooo, Ireland. Pardon the pun but I'm green with jealousy. Have you seen that show "Views of Ireland" on PBS? I can't remember the exact name. They are in a helicopter over Ireland and filming. They play music in the background. It's our fave "travel" show. Followed closely by the one about Scotland.

You come to appreciate green land when you live in the desert.

Norma said...

No I haven't seen it. I'll watch for a listing.