Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Ability to generate buzz and excitement while maintaining order

And you thought librarians were dull! That's a line from a job description for a gaming librarian. This job is in River Grove, Illinois. I didn't know kids needed a librarian to show them how to do this stuff. Actually they don't. Libraries do this for the same reasons they show movies, offer concerts, have Halloween parties, and rent gardening tools. They need bodies in the building to tick off statistics so they can get money to do the things they are supposed to do like collect, preserve and circulate information.

HT Annoyed Librarian

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the jelly beans.

Norma said...

One of my readers e-mailed me that after seeing the jelly beans, she went out and bought a few packages! Depending on your screen width, the backgrounds look different to everyone. I can barely see them. I promise never to use corn chips in the background photo.