Sunday, March 09, 2008

Stolen, Borrowed or Misrepresented Links

Have you ever visited a link that was recommended by a reliable site, or which appears in a Google search to match your topic, and then discovered that in some sort of weird way, its body has been taken over or occupied by an evil spirit or advertiser? Today I was looking through the caregivers links from Family and Consumer Sciences at Texas A & M--something I'd recommended years ago, but now had a broken link (error). So I thought I'd try to track it down. In the course of that search I saw a link to a bioethics site, so I clicked to it. It was just advertising: A Rolling Stones T-Shirt (for elderly rockers?), a blue collar "ethic" belt buckle, Wolfgang Puck hearty vegetable soup, Rabbit Air BioFresh Ultra-Quiet Air Purifier w/ Germicidal Protection, 1/4" Extra Thick Deluxe High Density Yoga Mat, and so forth. Not a very ethical way to do business, in my opinion.

No comments: