Friday, November 07, 2008

Remembering Heather Pick



We were all saddened to learn of the death of Heather Pick, Channel 10 news reporter. Check video here. A few years ago--maybe 2004--we were in a furniture store in Rockford, Illinois, and mentioned to the salesman we were from Columbus, and he said we must know Heather--she'd been on a station there. WREX story. She lost her battle with breast cancer, but she was an inspiration to all who watched and knew her. She will certainly be missed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was devastated. Watched her every morning before work. When she was gone in october I thought she'd be back. I'm so sad.

Anonymous said...

I too,remember her time in Rockford..she was such a tiny thing..and so upbeat and never stiff..Cancer again...reminding me that my own cancer check up is the end of next week...it hangs over cancer patients like a cloud about to spill. "will I pass this time?" We do all the right things and still get the darn thing and again and again...Rockford paper did a lovely tribute to her in this mornings paper...Norma it was a nice piece...Lynne