Friday, November 07, 2008

Friday Family Photo


There's no date on this photo, but it's a polaroid, so I know it was taken by my father-in-law. They usually came for the kids' birthdays in November. The lapels, wide tie, and pinky-orange shirt scream early to mid-1970s, as does the lime green trim in the living room to match the carpet which was installed about 1973. You can't see them, but my husband's slacks were bell-bottom, also quite popular then. I got that "serf" haircut after my appendectomy in fall 1974--before that my hair was almost waist length. My husband is wearing a leather belt hand tooled by a prisoner at the Ohio Penitentiary whom we used to visit with a church program around 1972-73. (The one who escaped with his girl friend in the garbage truck.) Ned Moore painted that watercolor of us sitting on the beach at East Harbor on Lake Erie in 1974 and we bought it at an art show in September. So I'm going to say it's November, 1974.

Tip: Remove all foral arrangements before taking photos.

No comments: