Thursday, September 23, 2010

Childhood memories? Where did she grow up?

One of the bottles I found under the sink today in my week of kitchen cleaning was a handsome spray bottle with a teal label called "Beach Days Surface Cleaner." I think I bought it some years ago at an eco-friendly display at Meijer's and some how it got stuck in the undersink clutter. It's made by The Good Home Co., established in 1995. The label says,
    "In 1995, I began to hand-make quality products with frangrances that were based on my memories of simple, beautiful places. My own wonderful, childhood memories of perfect days by the sea inspired this Beach Days fragrance."
Whew! She must have grown up next to a solvent factory if this stuff makes her nostalgic, because a whiff of this can make your eyes burn from 20 ft. There was only a little left in the bottle, so I added water. That seemed to make it worse.

The main solvent is "propylene glycol n-butyl ether" and it's not recommended for glass, wood, marble, fabric or painted surfaces, which leaves me what exactly in the kitchen?

Glycol Ethers - General Information

1 comment:

Norma said...

I've tried it on a few spots on the floor of garage, but the ventilation isn't too good--had to leave.