Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Would you paint in a $200 t-shirt?

Mrs. O's $207 t-shirt for 9/11 service day

Would you even buy a $200 t-shirt? This is in keeping with Mrs. O's style--take 40 of your best friends on a trip to Spain and put them up in first class 5 star hotels while the little, unimportant people struggle with a recession, made worse by your husband's tax and spend policies. This "let them eat cake" attitude has given rise to an extended nickname for her, Michelle Antoinette Obama.

I think the tasteful light green cover ups the residents are wearing would have worked just fine for a paint in service day.

Mrs.O - Follow the Fashion and Style of First Lady Michelle Obama - Home - Service and a Statement Tee

Yesterday I bought a $4 Jaclyn Smith t-shirt at KMart (on sale). It is tasteful, practical, a good color for me, it covers what needs to be covered, and if I spill or splash something on it, I'll be sorry, because I think it's a great buy. Jaclyn Smith's designs are great for the mature woman--she's had a relationship with KMart for 25 years and isn't just a brand, but is an entrepreneur who participates in the design and production. I'm a much smarter shopper than Mrs. O. who during the 2008 campaign tried to commiserate with pink collar workers by complaining about her college loans, and the costs of private schools and piano lessons for the girls. Some rich people are clueless about how others live.


My $4 Jaclyn Smith just-because-I-like-it t-shirt

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is sort of plain. Maybe you could tie on some baubles, bangles and beads. Pieces of glass. Some tin cans. Bottle tops. Old door knobs. Man hole covers. You know, dress it up a bit.