Thursday, April 09, 2015

Itsy bitsy yummy snack muffins

I make these in several flavors but today it is chocolate oatmeal. I don’t like to measure, so I use a cake mix for the basic dry ingredients.

1 box of Devil’s Food cake mix (at Marc’s this is $1.19)

1/2 cup of coconut oil, melted

1 egg

1 cereal bowl (I didn’t measure) of cooked oatmeal (about 1 minute in the microwave) made with quick-cook oats, mixed with two scoops of dark chocolate powder and a little sugar

Mix the oatmeal, egg/shortening and cake mix; will be stiff.  Spray the mold/cups of a mini-muffin tin, put about a rounded teaspoon of batter in each and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.

This makes about 30-36 little muffins, depending on how much batter you use.  I’ve also made this using mashed potatoes (can’t taste it); also tasty is yellow cake mix using apple sauce and chopped walnuts or dried cranberries. I’ve also used a spice cake mix with a jar of baby food carrots and raisins.

If you need them to be a little sweeter, sprinkle with powdered sugar.  Freeze, then take out 2 for dessert, and they won’t make you fat.

1 comment:

Joan said...

Sounds good.