Friday, June 10, 2005

1112 Friday Feast 51

Appetizer
Name one thing that made you sad this week.
We had a phone call Saturday from the wife of a good friend. I've never met her, but she was going through her husband's files calling people who didn't know about his unexpected and sudden death. He lived with us about 33 years ago and really livened up our household.

Soup
What was the last object (not person) you took a picture of?
In May I took photos of our flowering magnolia "bush" which is really taller than our house. It was truly magnificent, but the photos didn't do it justice.

Salad
Who do you talk to when you need help in making a decision?
My friend Nancy keeps up on fashion trends and good buys for the home--she reads a lot and those are topics I don't pay much attention to. But for technology I check with our daughter--not gamer-generation stuff, but things like cell phones, answering machines and DVD players. For spiritual advice, we see a pastor/friend we've known for 30 years.

Main Course
If you were a weather event, what would you be, and why?
I would most likely be a partly-sunny, or partly-cloudy forecast. This makes me perfect for living in the midwest--Illinois, Indiana and Ohio--where we only have about 40% of the days in full sunshine.

Dessert
Suggest a website that you think your readers would enjoy visiting.
I visit a number of sites every day or once a week--like Belmont Club, Captain's Quarters, City Journal, First Things, and most of the Ladies I list on my links.

Friday Feast is located here.

No comments: