Wednesday, June 08, 2005

1109 The Cheerful Oncologist

Considering my own experience with oncologists (my daughter's thyroid cancer), "cheerful" is not the adjective that comes to mind. However, when I was working I always enjoyed reading the poetry and essays published by doctors in the medical journals (usually the last page). Many are beautiful writers. The Cheerful Oncologist really has some thought provoking posts. I liked this thought in "Tell me that you'll wait for me."

"All of us have a one-way ticket out of here. As we drift off to sleep tonight, let us give thanks for the opportunity to serve those who are ahead of us in line, as we ask those behind us to do the same when our flight number is called."

1 comment:

Feed Fido said...

I used walk past oncology every day on my way to work. An odd feeling. And I knew one of the oncologists very well, he is great guy. I don't know how they do it. Especially pediatric oncologists.
I like that blog very much and have been reading it; it shocked me to find out docs think about their patients...though I have a very nice doc.