Saturday, June 11, 2005

1115 Basic Black is Back

Oh goody. Basic black is back for fall. I can whip out that black number I bought in 2001 with the sparkly bodice. I think I've only worn it three times. I've never had the reason or opoortunity to buy the feminine, colorful frocks popular the past few years.

There are color czars or forecasters that decide all this for us--popular colors don't just happen. In home decorating, what we used to call "avocado green" is now "wasabi green." But black is black--I don't know if they've found a way to rename it. Widow's weeds black. Coal miner black. Horsefly black. Tar baby black. I mean, black is black, right? About every 3 or 4 years, the fashion people proclaim that the little black dress is back. I'm ready for them this year--now I just need an invitation.

I do like the swingy, floral and colorful skirts cut on the bias or a circle I see the young women wearing, topped with dressy t-shirts and short jackets and high heels. They brush the knee, show off the legs, move gracefully, and they are so feminine. And so 2004 apparently.

1 comment:

Feed Fido said...

I pass on the heels. And sparkley bodice? Norma! You're a librarian contain yourself.