Saturday, June 25, 2005

1183 We're finally here

We're finally in Lakeside, rolling in about 11:15. And the cat didn't poop or puke. Good trip! The gates are down, the lines are long, and it is hot, hot, hot--about 94 I think. One more hour and our flowers would have been dead. We've watered twice, and they are starting to perk up. Dehydration is a painful way to die.

Tonight's program is Mark Nadler, described as a "young Victor Borge," outrageously entertaining and funny. Hoover is not air-conditioned, so I think the crowd will be light. I'll wear a dress. Much cooler than slacks.

We took a bike ride and sat in the shade and watched the swimmers. The haze was so thick we could hardly see the islands. Took a stroll through the business district--all three blocks--and stopped in the book store. My husband's paintings are hanging at the Patio Restaurant--they look really nice.

1 comment:

Live, Love, Laugh said...

Sounds like you are having a nice time. It is hot here too around 97, the air is stifling, I was out all morning, so by the time I had to go to work, I was exhausted from the heat. At least it is cool here.