Friday, March 02, 2007

3554

Friday Family Photo--The wedding



This handsome young couple, Edna and Jesse Weybright, were married December 25, 1911. Jesse was the 2nd cousin of my mother and her siblings--which means they had the same great grandfather, who came to Ohio from Pennsylvania around 1803. So the groom is my 2nd cousin once removed. He was about 21 years old here, and my mother hadn't been born yet. We didn’t know any of these people because our branch stayed in Ohio (near Dayton) until about 1894 (some longer), then on to Illinois, and this group moved on to Colorado and the family has been there over 100 years.

Isn’t that just the most wonderful hat you ever saw?

2 comments:

Dancing Boys Mom said...

I envision a trend...

JAM said...

That is most definitely a spiffy hat. Plus, she's giving a strange "don't mess with me, Buster" look over the top of her glasses. I'll bet ol' Jesse was the recipient of that look a few times over the coming years.