Tuesday, July 21, 2009

It's working

Congressman Chris Lee of NY said, "Since the stimulus was announced, we've lost 2 million jobs, so it hasn't done what it has proposed to deliver." Not so fast young man. I was watching a Toledo station last week and they were ecstatic that the area had landed 50 jobs for road repair. They said it was the stimulus money. And, Ohio had to pay half, but oh well. There were probably more government workers than that through whose hands it passed, so don't tell me it's not working! Gas is down to $2.20 in Columbus and that's probably put more money into people's wallets than anything.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only 10% of the money is in the system so far and a lot of that is in the form of tax cuts that have been proven not to stimulate the economy very well.

Anonymous said...

Thanks to the above... did we expect a quick fix.I didn't. it took awhile to get this way, it will not get better soon...we are in it for the long haul and the :good old days: may be gone forever. Why don't we all just try to make the best of it. I am and I am about as poorest reader that Norma has. I read her anyway, she is an old friend...and very dear. I sledom agree with her nor she me...but that's life!

Anonymous said...

Murray sez:
Hey Anon #2, "just make the best of it"? Don't you think we should all put forth an effort to stop or slow the destruction of our great country? I mean, are you looking forward to a long recovery or would you rather shorten it a little? I understand why you and Norma don't agree. LOL Is this Lynn?

Anon #1-- "tax cuts that have not proven to stimulate the economy very well". Apparently you think the piddly amount of the cuts DID stimulate the economy a little. Give the taxpaying CITIZEN 1 trillion $ in tax cuts and stand back to watch the economy fully recover!

Norma said...

Our investment accounts have risen, after the terrible bottom. Apparently, there is just no place to put money, so people are turning back to the stock market. I'm sure this will be called a "recovery." It is the 1930s redux. 10 years of misery?