Thursday, July 23, 2009

"Why don't we all just try to make the best of it."

Words of an Obama supporter and campaigner on his handling of the economy, taken from my comment window. I'm not willing to "just try" because I can see he has no intention of doing anything about the economy. He is using it and the fear mongering the Democrats have thrown at us for 8 years about "this economy" to put his social programs in place. If he were really serious about the economy and getting people back to work, he wouldn't be doing things that destroy jobs and discourage investment, which thicken the books of regulations on existing businesses, and taking over massive segments of the economy to burden us further. Complete take over by the government is his goal, and that is impossible to do when people aren't frightened, brow beaten and discouraged. He promised his followers and the true-believers that he would fundamentally change America, and that is a promise he can't keep if we go back to 4.5% unemployment.

I'll believe he's serious about improving health insurance when he says, "I know this can work, and we'll start with all federal, state and local officials, elected and appointed, me and my family, Congress and SCOTUS included, and civil service staff, run it as a model for 5 years to tweak and improve it, just to show to you it can work."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is exactly what you told me in 2004 when Bush beat Kerry."Suck it up and make the best of it" And I did!

Norma said...

Although I don't recall that, if you say so. You've said it often enough, you must believe it. Bush just got to work fixing what he inherited, and never blamed Clinton for the recession, the WMD hype, for 9-11; never called our system evil, and never went on an apology tour sucking up to the terrorists hoping they would play nice. I don't even think Kerry, bad as he was, back stabber and wimp that he was, would have created the mess that Obama has--at least not in 6 months. I'm so sick of Obama labeling everything in this country from banks to doctors to insurance companies to CEOs as villians--it's like "fill in the blanks" for the next speech.

Jolanthe said...

Love that last quote - like we'd EVER hear it come out of Obama's mouth.

Maybe someone could run it across the teleprompter he depends on so much....hmmm...