Sunday, July 26, 2009

Dawn of the 6th week

Walking out the door at 5:45 this morning I could see a bright star in the east. Very different than the first week when it was much lighter. I also met a skunk and a raccoon checking out the tent on the hotel grounds. Today was actually the Raccoon Run, a 5 mile run. I did this once--walked after the first 2 blocks. This year's t-shirts were mint green. I used to buy one if they had extras, but we have drawersful of t-shirts from travels, VBS and Lakeside, plus our son used to be in the business and he designed some for us.

By the time we got to the Patio Restaurant for breakfast after church on the lakefront, things were pretty much over. My husband has an art display at The Patio, and has sold four paintings this summer, which will certainly help with the expenses.

No comments: