Friday, October 23, 2009

Thanks America!



Some very wealthy suburbs of Columbus, Ohio, are getting new sidewalks, road repairs, and other dinky little jobs cleaned up at your expense (stimulus money). Soon I'll be able to walk to my favorite coffee shop--I don't think it's this stretch, but one further south if I read the papers correctly. Now, we've certainly sent our share to Washington, D.C. and because of the wealth here, Obama will get his pound of flesh in return for these sidewalks. In recent years (since 2004) the progressive movement in U.A. has really been flexing its muscle, but really, if the richest communities in the country like Upper Arlington, Dublin and Worthington, loaded with OSU faculty and government employees, can't pay for their own sidewalks across the street from one of the finest golf courses in the nation, something's really screwy in the federal government.

One of the city workers stopped me on my walk yesterday and asked how I liked the brick retaining wall (had to cut into our landscaping), and I said it looked nice. He started to say something about Obama (I had the impression he thinks it's free money), and then quickly changed the subject when I asked him why Arlington needed stimulus money.

Here's an August article from Business First detailing some of the other projects around our city.

No comments: