Thursday, October 01, 2009

Women's fashion

From my seat at Panera's in the morning I see the employed women and school girls of suburban Columbus setting out for work and education. Some younger women are showing up grandma and are again wearing skirts after a complete break down of good taste in the 80s and 90s, but still very casual with the low cut t-shirts. You gotta hope they don't bend over at work or some guy will be hit with a false charge of harassment for looking. Retirees of both sexes appear in public wearing shorts with all the veins, lumps, bumps and saddle bags. So of course I noticed this photo in the WSJ this morning, wondering why my suburban sisters can't look as good as an impoverish Indian farmer dealing with a drought. Attractive colors, artistic patterns, beautiful draping, sufficient coverage.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

she looks a bit like she is wrapped in a blanket. If I went to say Wal*Mart in something like that. I would surely get some side glances...however, in my sweatsuit no one seems to give me a second look. I 'd rather it that way. Does look cheerful however, and we could all use some of that.Interesting ...your fashion take on things..

Norma said...

I suspect the fabric is very light weight to drape that nicely, and she has apparently pulled it up around her waist to keep it out of the dirt.

Marfis said...

Oh, you know....everything looks good on skeletal women...just look at the high fashion models!

Norma said...

She looks much healthier than a fashion model.

Marfis said...

It's the tan.

Anonymous said...

Nice blog.. BrandAlley Code gives you all types of fashion.

Unknown said...

Nice blog and his is also a very good post which I really enjoyed reading. Thanks for all of your kindness and support on my blog I really appreciate it! People like you make me want to continue summer lawn collection

Unknown said...

Nice blog and his is also a very good post which I really enjoyed reading. Thanks for all of your kindness and support on my blog I really appreciate it! People like you make me want to continue summer lawn collection