1. When blogging, put the visiting dog in your lap to stop the barking.
2. Don't lick a slotted spoon.
3. Wear an apron when preparing beets.
4. Repairmen never have the parts with them and require a trip to the hardware store which adds to the time. But that's not a good reason to keep 50 bazillion pieces parts in jars and cans in the basement storage area.
5. Masking liquid (for painting white in watercolor) does not come out of carpets, but there is some hope for the furniture once it dries (just rub it off).
6. Have an extra key or two made and keep them at the neighbors.
7. Learn your daughter's unlisted phone number.
8. Owning a home is not an investment, it's a place to bury money you'll probably never see again.
9. If your cat develops a sneeze, your nice furniture and clothing are toast. Don't waste your money on cures, or changing cat food. Keep Kleenex handy.
10. If you like to make lists, don't run out before #10 or it won't look tidy.