Wednesday, April 08, 2015

Small town churches

We've been living in Columbus since 1967, but I still slip and call Mt. Morris "home." We had Good Friday service at Trinity Lutheran with a community choir and chimes and Easter Sunday at the Church of the Brethren in Mt. Morris with my cousin Dianne as the reader. With small congregations and limited professional musicians (to which I'm accustomed at a church with 9 services) I'm always amazed by the love and hard work these little churches put forth to praise the Lord. Pastor Ginny's Easter sermon was one of the best I've heard.

Trinity Lutheran 2009

Trinity Lutheran, Easter 2014

1960 Wedding  Church of the Brethren

The color scheme now is more beige, but it looks much the same as when we were married in 1960.

1 comment:

Dan Nieman said...

Beautiful! I am a sucker for small churches.