Saturday, February 13, 2016

Family



I got the newsletter from Pinecrest Community yesterday--a Church of the Brethren facility that began in the 19th c. as a home for the destitute aged and orphans. There are independent apartments and small houses; assisted care, nursing care, and memory care. When I was a little girl, I'd go with other children to sing for them, or take presents we had made. Now I can visit some of my classmates there! Over the years, I've visited parents of my friends, my aunts and uncles, eventually my parents, and now a sibling. At one time both my father and his uncle Orville were living there, and I thought that was rare, however, there was only about 2-3 years difference in their ages. But I saw a story I'd never seen: Wally Brooks and his mother Ruth Linger both live there! He is 85 and she's 107!! In the photo, they look terrific.

No comments: