Saturday, March 24, 2018

"Call Me By Your Name" and the phony MeToo movement

I guess with boys it’s OK?  This movie normalizes having sex with kids.

Matt Kessler, guest blogger,  writes”

I saw this Oscar-nominated movie and I can't live with myself if I don't warn you all about it.

I was aware that it dealt with a gay relationship, but not that it glamorizes pederasty: A 17-year-old boy has sex with a man about twice his age.

Rotten Tomatoes gives it 95% (critics) and 86% (audience), but I don't believe that. In fact I don't believe *anyone* could like this movie. Milo Yiannopolous would find it offensive. Kevin Spacey would walk out.

It literally normalizes sex between a man and a boy. It's set in Italy; was it easier to shoot it in a country where that's legal, than to change one digit in the dialogue to make the boy 18?

The setting and atmosphere are the only good things about the movie. Oh and there's a pretty waterfall in one scene.

The dialogue is tedious, and the pacing would bore a sloth.

In one scene near the end, the boy's father takes five minutes to say "I know and it's OK." He's the worst imaginable parent, and sitting through that speech was the longest five minutes of my life (and I've had root canal).

The best character in the movie was a photograph of Mussolini.

If the two main characters in "Call Me By Your Name" were edited out, leaving only pretty shots of the Italian countryside, the movie would be just a few minutes long and much better.

No comments: