Friday, July 05, 2019

Yard sale to benefit pastors and missionaries

Each year Vern and Dianne Hartenburg collect items and sponsor a sale of cottage friendly items to benefit a fund to help young pastors and missionaries enjoy a vacation at Lakeside.  Vern finds items thrown away and refurbishes and renovates them, and charges the most reasonable prices I've ever seen at a sale.  This one, which is usually held over the Memorial Day week-end, was the day after the fourth as the rain date.  When I walked past on my morning walk I noticed a big crowd and went over to look (next to Hoover). The sale opened at 7:30 a.m. at which time the buyers wrote their names on the tag, paid for it, and then claimed it.  I bought a new rack for towels for the guest room. Many people came early and sat on or near the items they wanted. One couple had been there since 5 a.m. waiting to get the wicker couch and chairs painted red.

 
 

 
                                                   This is the item I got for $4.00





No comments: