Friday, June 03, 2005

1098 Friday Feast 50

Appetizer
What comes to mind when you hear the word bizarre?
The most recent scandal in Ohio comes to mind; it is about state employees' pension money being invested in coins and some of it has come up missing. Investing in coins? A pension fund? Story was developed by Toledo Blade.

Soup
Using just a few words, describe your childhood.
I couldn't wait to grow up and be on my own. I was independent, sassy, opinionated, and resented authority figures; I was studious, had lots of friends, but could play alone, loved horses and dogs; I always envied the girls with the stylish clothes, and disliked cliques but was in one. That's about 50 words. Is that "few?"

Salad
Name one thing you do each day that you feel improves your appearance.
I eat nutritious, fresh foods, take vitamins, stay out of the sun, and don't smoke. That's more than one, but good habits come in a package.

Main Course
On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being highest, how would you rate your self-confidence?
Depends on the task. Playing a trombone would be a 1; riding a horse a 1; but achieving my plans for retirement would be a 9. Obviously, I didn't include playing in a band or trail riding in that.

Dessert
Where did you last find a bargain?
I bought a handsome book on cowboy art for $2 at the library sale on Tuesday. Good quality paper and color, no damage, and it still has its book jacket.

Friday Feast site here.

No comments: