Wednesday, August 10, 2005

1340 Writing at Lakeside

Writing class this week is taught by Patricia Mote of Berea, Ohio. Not only is she an experienced teacher and author, but she is also a publisher and editor. And she comes to class prepared! I love that! So she brings a wealth of talent to the class. She's doing a beginners group in the morning and advanced in the late afternoon. Her next project is a book about the restored theater district in Cleveland which she tells me has the second largest number of theater seats in the country next only to New York.

I biked home at 5:15, ate a little supper and then returned to the Rhein Center (no AC and getting hotter as the day progressed) for watercolor class. Remember the chanters I wrote about a few entries back? Chant for peace with 7-11 songs (7 words sung 11 times)? Well, they were the only other group in the building. I thought I'd go crazy. Not a word about the One who can really bring peace.

No comments: