Thursday, August 25, 2005

1405 Fibonacci creator

Two years ago during the great blackout I was attending a class taught by Lakeside's musician in residence, Calvin Taylor. He'd spent a lot of time talking about Fibonacci. Actually, I remember nothing except the name, but it was very interesting at the time and I have my notes someplace. But I recall it was one more reason to believe in a Creator, although I doubt that it came up. Anyway, while visiting and admiring the wallpaper at Gates of Vienna, I saw a little icon for Custom Fibonacci Spirals. Cool.

"The Fibonacci series appears in the foundation of aspects of art, beauty and life. Even music has a foundation in the series, as:
There are 13 notes in the span of any note through its octave.
A scale is comprised of 8 notes, of which the
5th and 3rd notes create the basic foundation of all chords, and are based on whole tone which is
2 steps from the root tone, that is the
1st note of the scale. The Golden Number

"On many plants, the number of petals is a Fibonacci number:
buttercups have 5 petals; lilies and iris have 3 petals; some delphiniums have 8; corn marigolds have 13 petals; some asters have 21 whereas daisies can be found with 34, 55 or even 89 petals." Rabbits, bees, flowers, etc.

Fibonacci series in flowers






God is so good!

No comments: