Tuesday, August 16, 2005

1366 My collection of dead links

Every once in awhile I run my blog through one of those link checkers. I think I've found 5 or 6 "dead" bloggers, and know there are quite a few who haven't posted for weeks. Months. Oxblog is losing Josh. Actually, I didn't link directly to him, but did read him from time to time. He says: "Perhaps my memory is clouded by nostalgia, but it seems to me that when I started blogging, the blogosphere was a nicer place."

Actually, bloggers don't like what blogging does to them personally, if the truth be told. It isn't the other guy that bothers me. I've got my favorites; occasionally they make me think, laugh, or weep, or just click off and vow never to read them again. Or I read the blog and can't think of a thing to say. Or worse. I can think of something to say and it's outrageous and completely out of line to say that to someone I don't know in face time.

But Josh is right about bloggers preaching to the choir. Sometimes I can go through 8 or 10 clicks and they are all quoting each other, or have one liners with 4 hot links to here and here and here and here. I really would read left wing bloggers if they weren't always one note Bush bashers. I'd sort of like to know what they believe. I used to be a humanist and a Democrat and I like to think I made sense in those days. After all, I always say I wouldn't own a home on Lake Erie if I'd waited for the Republicans to make a fuss.

1 comment:

Bora Zivkovic said...

Both on the Left and on the Right (as well as Libertarians and such) there a few good thoughtfull original writers and thousands of "me, too's" and linkers. One just needs to look for a while.