Saturday, May 24, 2008

Hymns for Memorial Day Observance

So many people stopped by (according to site meter) to see my list, which only referred to another blog I'd written, that I decided to add them here. This blog is way up on google's list, and the other one isn't, so people get here first. This list is from The Methodist Hymnal (1964).

Eternal Father, strong to save

Father eternal, Ruler of creation

For the might of thine arm

God of grace and God of glory

God of our father

God, the Omnipotent

Judge eternal, throned in splendor

Lord, while for all mankind we pray

Mine eyes have seen the glory

My country, 'tis of thee

Not alone for might empire

Now praise we great and famous men

O God of earth and altar

O Lord, our fathers oft have told

These things shall be

This is my song

Turn back, O man

No comments: