Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Looks pretty normal to me

Last night my husband called me into the living to see the video that's going around the internet that was shown on and commented about during O'Reilly. I looked at the fuzzy video which seemed to be two kids stretched out on the floor having an epileptic seizure. "Looks pretty normal to me," I said. "Dancing has always been about imitating the movements of sexual intercourse." He was not pleased. He loves to dance. But even the waltz was once considered an outrage by the old timers watching the young people dipping and doing. And the jitterbug? Oh. My. Goodness. And have you ever seen old footage of Soul Train--say about 30-35 years ago. Lawdy, Lawdy Miss Clawdy (1952, 1941). It's hot. And the old Elvis Presley footage on the Ed Sullivan show. Parents and grandparents were screaming--and so were kids, although for different reasons. Nope, I didn't see anything new. Not the kids. Not the outrage. I tried to locate the video to provide a link, but the old computer just froze and burped overheated.

No comments: