Friday, May 30, 2008

My new pink jeans

Actually, I sort of look like a large Easter egg. I bought them at the Discovery Shop (Cancer resale), Talbot's, and they looked like they'd never been worn or washed. Maybe some other old lady had second thoughts after she got home. But $4. For that I could garden in them. If I didn't have a brown thumb. So I googled "pink jeans" to see what would go with them, and found this really neat site. Now I know what goes with what, if I were 30.

About 10 years ago I decided I was too old for jeans--I think I got my first pair around 1949, maybe for camp. In those days, jeans zipped on the side and you folded up the cufff. And you never, never wore jeans to school. But lately I've been picking them up again. Now I have dark brown, black, mint green, olive green, moss green, khaki, red, pink and several shades of blue--2 are from the 80s so they have that nice faded look and soft feel. I've chunked out a bit since Ireland in September, so 3 pair are too tight to wear comfortably.

But pink. I thought I'd take them to Lakeside. I'd slip out of the house at dawn, walk along the lakefront about 5:30 a.m., then go to the coffee shop around 6, hurry back to the cottage by 7, and maybe no one would notice the 2-legged Easter egg frightening the squirrels and cats, walking down the street.

Lakeside at dawn, Kelly's Island in the distance

No comments: