Tuesday, August 26, 2008

On every channel

This morning I switched on the TV after I turned on the computer. More for background noise than news. I knew what would be on all the channels. Oooing and Ahing over Michelle, her clothes, her children and breathless narration by TV reporters. So I moved through the channels to some that only come in very early in the morning. I got a reality show called “Blind Date,” then an informercial promising me a wonderful life if I’d only go with their program. Same ol, same ol on every channel.

Update: I've seen a lot of Michelle today. Coffee shop. Local news. She did a great job, is very pretty, and has adorable kids. For a woman who has it all--a successful husband, healthy kids, good job, excellent education, lovely home and is beautiful to boot, she sure was an angry whiner when she came through Ohio a few months ago. She's toned it down to just hope and change now.

No comments: