Saturday, September 13, 2008

Sarah Palin Sexism Watch

Like shooting fish in the proverbial barrel. Wish I'd thought of this one! Sarah Palin Sexism Watch includes some awful, some hateful, and some unexpected folks. Mostly they're terrified Democrats, with a few on the opposite of the political fence. Me? I'm paraphrasing that old feminist line on abortion: I wouldn't run for vice president myself if I were a governor and had 5 children, but I support the right of a mother of 5 who governs a state and wants to go higher.

For the most part her group of shameful journalist articles (with links) seems to be in the same bag of obsequiousness that has paved the way for Obama.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I should start an Obama racism watch.. you know, those fearful Republicans that just can't accept that a black man could win the presidency.

Just thought I'd provide a little perspective.



http://www.wrex.com/Global/story.asp?S=9003667

Norma said...

Republicans aren't your problem. The polls show Democrats are apparently the racists you fear, since they don't all intend to support your candidate. And I haven't seen reports (except for the Biden remarks, and some envy from Jackson, and some civil rights good old boys) that the NYT, WaPo, LATimes, AP writers etc. are making racist remarks about Obama. Some Republican journalists in op eds have shown his lack of experience, and his refusal to answer questions, but that's just politics, not race.

Anonymous said...

Roger Ebert's column was beyond disgusting.

Anonymous said...

Interesting that you think it's my problem and not everyones problem. You're OK with racism as long as you can pretend it's only Democrats? If you think there are only racists in the Democratic party, then I have some bridges I'd like to interest you.

But, are you willing to admit, then, that racism is more likely to play a significant role than sexism?

Norma said...

No, I don't think it is racism at all. If it exists enough to throw the election, it's Democrats, because Republicans hadn't planned to vote for Hillary or Edwards either a white woman and a white man, both less liberal than Obama.

There is a type of racism that exists among white liberals that believes the only worthy black is someone who shares their elist, tired, old school leftist nonsense, and that's also what is emerging clearly in the Palin hatred.