Sunday, July 05, 2009

Morning walks

Everyday the sun is different. Now, we know that "sunrise" and "sunset" are not accurate terms, because we are the ones moving. But so far, no one has changed the language. I'm watching each day as the sunrise is later and later on my walks.


The lake was like glass and the sun was all but hidden in the haze.


Every day I see photographers who have left their sleeping cottages to go out and photograph as the sun pops up over the horizon. This guy was waiting for the 6 a.m. ferry to arrive in the sun's reflection.


And I thought that was a grand idea, so I took one too. This one travels between Marblehead and Kelley's Island. If we were to drive to Sandusky, I think we could get a ferry to Pelee Island, which is in Canada. But we'd need our passports.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Those photos are wonderful. What beautiful scenery.

Sherry at EX Marks the Spot

Deb said...

Very beautiful. I hurried down to the beach while we were on vacation to get some photos of the sun coming up only to discover my memory card was not in the camera - scurried back to the room, and back to the beach and still managed to get a few.

Norma said...

Sherry: I love your Sanford quote.

"He might do better to quote Marlon Brando in the 1954 movie On the Waterfront: "I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am, let's face it." "

How to said...

really i like this. thank you so much and Those photos are wonderful. What beautiful scenery.