Tuesday, October 06, 2009

COWS Fall Festival of Paintings

Sunday afternoon we went down to German Village to enjoy the opening of the Central Ohio Watercolor Society Fall Festival of Paintings. It is a lovely show, in a delightful environment--Caterina Ltd., which sells French, German, Italian and other European ceramics and linens.



The COWS show is on the third floor. On the second floor is a show by a photographer, Debbie Rosenfeld, who worked in the World Trade Center until 9/11. She and her husband started their lives over here in Columbus and I thought her use of black and white with some color was quite stunning.

Caterina is a wonderful place to beginning your early Christmas shopping, either selecting from their quality pieces of hand painted items (I have some Polish hand painted coffee cups I purchased there last year, and when I have my morning coffee I apologize to Poland), their nativity scenes, or the art from individual local artists and groups.

No comments: