Thursday, October 01, 2009

My sixth Blogiversary

According to the first entries on "Collecting my thoughts," this blog begins October 1, 2003. However, I had to back fill a little, using October 1 as sort of an indexing page for topics [see right side links on my blog] poetry, family stories, fiction, etc. My first entry was actually October 2. It didn't quite work out the way I'd planned--the people to whom I'd been sending my writing beginning when I retired in 2000 are either disinterested or enjoying other adventures of their own, although a few do keep up, so I just write for me and the few regulars I've picked up along the way who drop by occasionally. According to the "dashboard" of blogger dot com, I've written 7,015 entries at this blog, but that doesn't count the ones I removed. Altogether at all my blogs I've written about 8,500 entries and over 400,000 have visited, although some of those entries have been written by guest bloggers, particularly at my "Reunion" blog where high school classmates have been contributors of stories and photos.

The imaginary menu, if you stop by for the celebration and conversation free of politics, religion and health tips, is: Morning--tea, coffee and mixed fruit with a few nibbles from Panera's bakery; noonish--chicken salad on croissants with veggie snacks; afternoon--high tea with assorted goodies, a few sugar-free; dinner hour--baked salmon with my secret sauce and asparagus, with something gooey, decadent and chocolate for dessert. If it's warm enough, we'll sit on the deck and enjoy the fall color and the birds that stop by the creek. Please, no gifts--I have a full house. I'll put the cat in the laundry room, and the imaginary dog (a dalmatian) will be at the neighbors, so no animals will jump on you or make your allergies flare.

10 comments:

Timothy W Higgins said...

Congratulations on six years of telling like it is. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your 6th Anniversary! I just hit my 1st on Tuesday & I readily admit I have no idea how I will conceivably find time to keep blogging for 5 more years...truly an accomplishment!

Great stuff! Have a wonderful & blessed day.

Sincerely,

Kyle Sisk

http://kylesisk.typepad.com/

Mike and Judy said...

You are very prolific! Love the menu. Thanks for your help with our blog too. Keep it up... Mike and Judy

Daniel Jack Williamson said...

Would it be rude of me to skip directly to the baked salmon with the secret sauce and asparagus? That's the part of the menu that seems to be calling my name.

Congratulations! Lots of bloggy goodness here!

Norma said...

Anne has asked for the recipe (via e-mail). Now I'll have to find it! I remember it had a little honey and cinnamon.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Norma, on your anniversary- - what an exercise in perserverance!

I'd stop by, however I can't conceive of having a meaningful conversation "free of politics, religion and health tips".

Keep up the good work.

Blessings,
Bruce

Eleanor said...

Norma,
Having known you for quite a while now I am not surprised that you have completed so many blogs and for so long, so congratulations. Can't say that I agree with much of what you write, but sure enjoy your views anyway.

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!!!

Maggie

Anonymous said...

Congrats!

Connie Carr
http://www.thefreedomdiva.com/

Anonymous said...

e-mail from Helen: Indeed I did 'stop by' and tried to post a compliment. I even checked my spelling so I wouldn't embarrass myself. But, something went awry and it wouldn't take it. So, I'm sending a personal note to tell you how much I do admire your ability to actually stay with a project for six years!