Thursday, January 07, 2010

Random Dozen from Lazy Daisy

1. On a scale of 1-10, with 10 being a cranky-baby-hissy-fitter, how much of a complainer are you? I’m definitely an 8 or a 9. You pick the topic, I’ll complain.

2. When someone else is talking, do you listen, or are you thinking about what you're going to say in response? Not such a good listener. And the harder I concentrate on listening, the worse it gets. I call it a learning disability--auditory dyslexia--sounds better and more PC than interrupting.

3. I just deleted 1062 messages from my email account. Do you have any plans for a clean sweep this month--of anything? After my bruce dot six ended up with several hundred, I cleaned up a few every day and then finally began reusing it. Terrible spam at that account. Now I clean out everyday. The basement storage areas are waiting--last did that 3 years ago.

4. Tell us about your perfume. Was it a gift? What does it remind you of? Do you have a signature scent? Rarely use it because my favorites are no longer made. But do occasionally use Cachet.

5. What is your best organizing tip for the new year? I’m not sure this is organizational, but I did bring the exercycle in from the garage to my office. The garage looks better, and if I work at it, so will I. In the winter it's 10 degrees in the garage and in the summer it's about 90 and I'm at Lakeside!



6. What is your favorite comic strip? I’ve never followed comic strips.

7. Do you sleep with a fluffy or flat pillow? For years I used a down pillow, then discovered if I went to flat and firm, my arm was no longer numb in the morning.

8. What color is your kitchen? Why did you choose that color? Beige, Khaki and cream. I’m a rather dull person, so it suits. I love deep rich colors in others' homes, but don't want to live with them. If I could find this wall paper, I’d do it over. One of the previous owners installed it.

9. What‘s the most interesting bumper sticker you’ve seen? Oh, I love all the liberal ones. They’re so snarky and clever and full of self-righteousness. They make me laugh remembering my past.

10. Do you prefer an expensive writing tool or whatever is lying around? (Are you a Montblanc or a Papermate?) I’m definitely a #2 BIC--have them in all colors and sizes. I carry them with me for my blogging drafts.

11. What chore doesn’t feel like a chore you just enjoy it (at least most of the time)? Writing letters. I’d rather write than pick up the phone. I have most of the letters I wrote to my parents over 40 years, and boy are they a snooze, but I know every slip up and accomplishment I ever made.

12. If your parents often repeated themselves, what is something one of them said more than once? My parents, both of them, were just full of advice, so I come by it naturally. I could count on my father to remind me to put on an apron even when I was 60. Mom always subtly tried to get me to lower the volume (she was deaf when I was growing up) and be more gentle. She was a good example, but apparently that’s not what it takes. Genes matter. But I do usually wear an apron now.

2 comments:

Forgetfulone said...

I'm a #2 Bic, too!! My all-time favorite pen.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Loved your list.....I have a fun giveaway on my blog...a $100 prize ..comments will be closed on Monday night, but today's entries get extra chances...so stop by and join in the fun.
teresa
http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/
http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com/