Saturday, January 09, 2010

Watching the Elvis birthday tribute

Last night I watched/listened to about an hour of the Elvis documentary, Elvis on Tour, on the Turner Classic Movies network which had a marathon and decided that I'd been quite influenced by our local Elvis impersonator, Mike Albert, the Big-E who sings often at Lakeside. By the time Elvis died at 42, I was long past listening to him, and only rarely saw him on TV. But Mike does a great show--the entry, the costumes, the back-up singers, water, scarves, the works, including a great voice--and I've finally learned to like Elvis.

This is from King Creole, HT Invincible Armor. I don't think I've ever seen this one at Lakeside. What's with the swishy limp wrists?



JD Sumner of the Stamps singing "Elvis has Left the Building."

No comments: