Thursday, June 03, 2010

Romanoff, the second shoe to drop

Andrew Romanoff of Colorado was offered a job to drop out. Obama wants the other Democrat. You know what this e-mail, just released yesterday, means, even though the White House will spin it. These are three very distinct, clear job descriptions. I'm sure they weren't sent by Messina for editorial corrections. Rahm Emanuel's fingerprints are all over this, as they are with Sestak, as they will be when Blago sings. It's like the Nixon years--what did the President know and when did he know it? Except, our poor inexperienced President is probably as clueless about ethics as he is oil spills--where would he have learned? At least Nixon knew.

Romanoff says of the non-offer, non-bribe: "In September 2009, shortly after the news media first reported my plans to run for the Senate, I received a call from Jim Messina, the president's deputy chief of staff. Mr. Messina informed me that the White House would support Sen. Bennet. I informed Mr. Messina that I had made my decision to run," Romanoff said in a statement released early Wednesday evening. "Mr. Messina also suggested three positions that might be available to me were I not pursuing the Senate race. He added that he could not guarantee my appointment to any of these positions. At no time was I promised a job, nor did I request Mr. Messina's assistance in obtaining one."

CNN Romanoff details possible job offer
Romanoff Cracks

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kinda makes me wonder about who did take jobs that might have been planning to run.