Thursday, June 03, 2010

It's possible Tipper thought their marriage was maturing---into green dung heap

Forty years of standing by her man, and having their funds and lives co-mingled. And this is what it comes to . . legislating carbon caps, funding carbon research, investing her money in phony balony carbon exchanges like CCX  (worth trillions) while building and managing  huge homes, becoming a movie star celebrity, and denigrating her country. An aging, overweight, has-been hypocrite vs. your freedom and a huge settlement before it all collapses.  Which would you choose?

Or, and this is still my first guess, there's someone else. Counselor Mona Loeser in today's WSJ said, "It's extraordinarily unusual for a man to leave a marriage without having somebody." I heard my pastor say that in 1977 after 30+ years of marriage counseling. But he went a bit further--said he'd never known it to happen. I do know of one case--happened a few years ago--a man I know left his wife just to get away from her nagging and criticism, and there was no one else. But somehow, after 40 years, I would think the Gores would know how to deal with that.

No comments: