Friday, September 02, 2011

Kurt Cobain lunchbox

It's in the 90s today, but I decided to bike up to the train station (Lakeside, OH) for the Archives sale. On my way there I looked at the last hill and decided it was too hot, so I turned around, and as I did, I saw the sign that said it was at South Auditorium rather than the Train Station, so I was already there. Nothing much to interest me, but maybe the good stuff was gone. I thought everything was over priced, using the Volunteers of America store as my guide. I did see a Kurt Cobain lunchbox ($3.00)that really puzzled me. I tried to imagine who in the 1990s would have bought a kid a lunchbox like that. When I got home I googled it (mainly to see what the going rate was). It wasn't issued until 2006 or 2007 when his widow, Courtney Love, sold the rights to some songs and his image. Probably only women bought such an item, and showed it off at work once or twice then put it away.


So I read through his biography. What a sad, sad, empty life. Proof, if you needed it, that money can't make a person happy who's taken a bad situation and made it worse with drugs.

On e-bay someone wanted $50.00 for a Kurt Cobain lunchbox. Good luck--it's going for $3 in Lakeside, and even then, had no takers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The next day the price was $5.