Saturday, January 01, 2005

683 Who in the world is Orlando Bloom?

Happy New Year. Let's begin with trivia. Who is Orlando Bloom?
Today I visited the Google Year End Search patterns, trends, and surprises page. George W. Bush was the top political search (John Kerry didn’t make the top ten). However, I don’t put much faith in this because Orlando Bloom was #8 in most popular queries and #1 in most popular men. I’d never heard of him--and maybe a lot of other people hadn’t either, so they’ll be Googling his name all week, which will keep him on the list for 2005. So I peeked. Yes, I clicked on his name. I’ve never seen this man. Who is he? How important can he be if this blogger has never blogged about or searched for "Orlando Bloom?"

3 comments:

Brenda said...

So, you didn't watch the Lord of the Rings trilogy or Pirates of the Carribean? He was great in both movies. I've seen him in a couple of interviews and he seems to have a good sense of humor, doesn't have the playboy attitude (not for now at least)and overall a nice guy and not bad to look at (as a blond elf or his natural dark brown as a smithy/pirate's son). You should go rent the movies and enjoy watching Orlando Bloom. With just those four movies, it would be an Orlando Bloom marathon, but that would be far better than getting out into the snow and cold!

Anvilcloud said...

We've just spent some quality time with OB by watching the LOTR trilogy over the past or three nights. He's Legolas, the Elf. As for Pirates of the Carribean, with all due apologies to the previous poster (let's hear it for differences in personal opinions :), it's an excrutiatingly awful movie IMO. Of course, I have disliked some pretty popular flicks: Titanic is one that comes to mind, so my analysis is probably worth diddly squat.

The Bald-headed Billboard

Norma said...

Well, I did see LOTR on DVD some time ago. I guess I have seen him but it didn't make much of an impression. All I remember is short fat people (watched it on a wide screen TV). I'm not much into fantasy.