Saturday, January 29, 2005

774 That was close!

It wasn't exactly a New Year's resolution, but I haven't had a Fritos corn chip or a potato chip since January 1. Occasionally, the desire for something crunchy and salty rolls over me, so I pulled into a CVS parking lot on the way home from my women's group at church this morning. It was slushy and slippery and I finally found a spot that was clear, turned off the engine, and put my hand on the door, preparing to run into the store. Then Jane's face came to mind. She's in my Saturday morning group. She's about 28 and gave up a two pack a day cigarette habit on April 4, 2004. She says she loved smoking. She reached for a cig when rolling out of bed in the morning. She quit cold turkey. No nicotine gum. No patch. No substitution with snacks (didn't gain any weight). She looks (and smells) great.

So, I turned the engine back on and drove home. Thanks, Jane.

No comments: