Thursday, October 06, 2005

1598 How often do you change your towels

That was the poll on the RR front page yesterday. So I clicked "twice a week" and it turns out I was in the majority, but only by one percentage point, and I doubt if the poll has closed. Actually, it's a bit more often than that because I have two matching* towels hanging by the shower, and I use one for 2 days, then switch to the other. My husband uses two towels, but uses both each time. It's a good idea to buy 2 washcloths for each towel when giving a gift (someone told me that years ago).

Pillow cases I use only 2 days. About five years ago my "decor" changed and the pillow cases now show above the coverlet, so I bought a bunch all in the same color, and just keep changing them. I've had fewer colds--but my husband has had more. I suspect there is no relationship. But it gives you that fresh sheet smell without all the work.

*Our home was formerly owned by two guys--very successful decorators who liked heavy, dark fabrics and dark walls and ceilings. After getting over the shock of and repainting orange ceilings and 7 layers of brown and gold, I decided I sort of liked the bathroom wall paper and didn't change it. It looks like massive swirls of beige and cream satin with bright fuschia tassels near the ceiling. So the towels and floor rugs are fuschia, and sometimes deep green. Sort of wakes you up of a morning.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

I have never thought of changing pillow cases more frequently than the linens. Interesting!

Towels I change every couple of days.

Certainly an interesting poll!
Cathy