Sunday, October 30, 2005

1697 Happy Halloween

For many years after he left home, our son would come back to pass out candy to the neighborhood kids. Where we live now, no one stops by, and there are no children living in our complex. It's a NORC for DINKS.

So in keeping with the season, here's a photo from about 25 years ago of our beautiful children. Would you look at that wallpaper--it was very healthy and educational--full of fruits and vegetables and words. That table is now in my son's house. From the skill and artisanship, I'm guessing their dad, not me, helped with these beauties.

4 comments:

Bonita said...

I love old photos, and I'm sure you get a kick out of seeing this one...yes, that wallpaper has a lot to say. Amazing how quickly our children are gone, and we are left with the imprint of Halloween so long ago, with pumpkins carved by...and then, we can't remember!

Norma said...

Next to that photo was one of them in costume, but I don't know which one! And on the tapes of Christmas eve conversations while opening presents, I can't tell their voices apart. Never, ever thought that would happen.

Lori said...

I am a huge fan of Halloween, and have such great memories of it from childhood. We had similar paper....I think ours had orange in it too...eiy-yi! I remember how cool my Mom thought it was. I'm glad she never liked tupperware though..........bad enough she ditched her Blue Ridge Pottery dishes for Melamine.....

Susan said...

I think I just stripped that paper off of my kitchen walls last summer!