Friday, January 25, 2008

Park and walk

As researchers looked for the cause of the growing obesity epidemic, maybe they should just look at the obvious. Park your car as far away from the door as possible, and walk. Take the stairs. Get up to change channels. Be less efficient in running your errands, even inside the house.
    "Consumers who pick up their prescription medications at a pharmacy drive-through window might be jeopardizing their own safety in the name of convenience. A new OSU study indicates that pharmacists who work at locations with drive-through windows believe the extra distractions associated with window service contribute to processing delays, reduced efficiency and even dispensing errors. The study suggests pharmacy design should emphasize minimal workflow interruptions but it also offers a caution to consumers to check their prescription medications, especially those obtained from a pharmacy’s drive-through window, said Sheryl Szeinbach, the study’s lead author and a professor of pharmacy practice and administration at Ohio State."
From OSU Research.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My wife and I prefer to park far away when we do our errands. Exercises like walking are better for you whether you are disabled or not. No one is disabled from exercising. People can exercise however their bodies are able to.

I agree. I am alittle over-weight but I am losing some pounds already. In my younger days, I weight about 180 lbs. I used to weight as high as 250. Now, I weight about 205 and dropping. My doctor thinks 190 should be about right for my body and age.