Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Fourth time--is it a charm?



I picked up my new glasses this morning. This is the fourth pair since early June. I had selected dark, rectangular frames (sort of early 1960-ish), all the rage right now, but got some strange reflection, like a prism, where the lens and frame met--tried 3 different styles, both metal and plastic. I finally said I would have to go back to something similar to my old pair, with a frame only at the top. This photo is either the first or second pair, when I wore them occasionally in Italy in June. The third pair I could see distance and computer range, but couldn't read comfortably. I wore those about 15 minutes. No one will even notice the fourth pair because even I can hardly tell them from the old ones.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just tried one of those cheapo mail order eyeglasses places. I wrote about it at Right Wing Frugal. They have yet to arrive, but when they do I will post about them there.

Two pair for thirty bucks or so. I am anxious to see (ha!) how they work out.

I also wish I could remember where my other pair is so I can stop lugging one pair around.

Norma said...

For years I bought reading glasses at the drug store--maybe $10-$12. They worked fine, but eventually, I had to go to glasses I actually wear for all types of vision, not just reading.