Thursday, September 04, 2008

Granny Gloria

Daniel Henninger observed today that "Gloria Steinem is 74. Sarah Palin is 44. Times change." Gloria seems to think this choice for VP was a ploy to get Hillary's supporters. Says Hillary and Sarah "only share a chromosome." Like they're the only women (or men) who matter. I guess she never thought about the millions of conservatives like me who haven't had anyone on the ballot since Reagan. The millions of families who are middle class and work for a living and can't identify with the elitists on the ballot and don't want their taxes raised. The millions of families who don't want us to abandon our allies. The millions of families who have members who need special care but don't want to dispose of them. Hey, I didn't even get to vote for Reagan because I was a Democrat in those days and didn't like him. So when I vote the McCain-Palin ticket, it will be the first time I ever voted for a conservative at the national level. Like many conservatives, there was a really good chance I was going to sit this one out. McCain made a good choice.

No comments: