Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Sarah Palin’s Christian testimony

You’ve heard Obama and McCain interviewed by Rick Warren, and maybe you heard a CNN reporter giving snippets and declaring them scary. Here’s a recording of her testimony in her words. If you don't want to hear the ads and a telephone interview with a woman who was at the Republican convention, start about 1/3 into the tape. It lasts about 14 minutes and she is speaking to a particular graduating group and there were special guests in the audience. According to the host, the site at the church got so many hits, it brought down their server, but someone had captured it. It is going around the internet, and I'm sure for non-Christians not accustomed to the language, certain phrases will sound very foreign. I've heard many similar send offs (although not from our governor). The pastor talks about Alaska being a refuge state "in the last days." Although I'm not a dispensationalist and have never heard this particular point, I don't think it hurts one bit to live your life as though Jesus were coming back this afternoon. I think Martin Luther said something similar, as did St. Paul.

Update: Today I was reading Martin Luther's letter that accompanied his translation (?)/commentary of the Book of Daniel in the Old Testament. He was so convinced that they were in the last days and the Lord was coming back, he wasn't sure it was worth it to get the book into German so the ordinary person could read it. When I find it again, I'll post, but it was very interesting. A letter to John Frederic, I think. Anyway, CNN needs to upgrade its understanding of Christian eschatology.

No comments: